Welcome to the Highlifeturntable. The purpose of this blog is to provide a way for people to listen to rare highlife music from Ghana and Nigeria. I plan to post tracks from my private collection along with a little commentary on what I know about the artist and what I like about the LP.


Monday, May 23, 2016

Igwilo Igwilo and the Rainbow aka nakpo ubo 1 of aguata - Ezifinite Special





















For the next selection on the Highlife Turntable I have selected the track Ezifinite Special by the band Igwilo Igwilo and the Rainbow off a Foss Sound release from the early 80's.

There was no information on the band, but Aguata is a local government area in the Anambra state and Ezifinite is a town in the district.

The song is simple, but I found it relaxing.  The vocals are unhurried and the lead singer creates a nice dialogue as he moves through the song cajoling and singing to the audience.  The guitar work and muted horn playing add to the laid back ambiance of the whole song.  Not usually my style but this track caught my ear.

 I hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment